Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Green Bay, FTW!


SUPER BOWL TIME! 
You know, watching with friends in pajamas, snacking and having to leave during halftime to grab a shower in order to… get to class on time?  This whole time difference thing is mind blowing.

Anyway, the most awesome Australians ever who I am lucky enough to be housemates with (if you read this guys, that’s just for you) wanted to watch the big game for the American experience, so they woke up and watched with me at 10:30 this morning.  It was definitely not like any other Super Bowl party I’ve attended—eating breakfast of tea and toast having just rolled out of bed in order to catch kickoff with folks roaming in and out of the house going to and from class. 

Another first was that I, of all people, was the most knowledgeable person in the room regarding the game, I, who have probably never sat through an entire NFL football game in my life.  The main reason I am usually in the room for the Super Bowl is to watch the commercials… but in Australia the game means nothing, so there were normal ads about used car lots and bug spray.  Ultimately, it was fun but short lived.  Everyone had places to be in the middle of the day, so halftime was as far as we got, and I’m not really complaining.

Classes started today with Political Communications and Intro to Graphic Design Practice, and everything seems to be interesting enough.  I’m excited about how this semester will go and have great expectations for the rest of the semester!

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad, I didn't see any of the Super Bowl until this morning while at the gym. But it definitely would have been a bit strange to watch it so early in the morning! Glad the first of the semester's going well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!