Monday, February 7, 2011

Ahh, Australia!

Greetings from Down Under!  I've made it and have settled nicely in my home for the next few months.

Travelling went smoothly- I ditched gross, snowy Nashville...


...for beautiful sunny Australia!

I had never flown by myself before and the only time I had been on a plane before was a 45-minute flight, so flying across the planet was quite a stretch, but everything went very well!  I landed in Sydney and was taken to my hostel for the night, arriving around noon.  In attempt to avoid the horrendous jet-lag I was warned of, I took off exploring instead of sleeping, in spite of my body screaming for a nap. 


It was actually cloudy and breezy in Sydney when I got there, so instead of running to the nearest beach, I decided to make my way to the Opera House, just because I could.  I stumbled upon the Royal Botanical Gardens on the way, which was filled with many interesting plants and birds I had never seen in my life.



 


Then, after wandering through the winding paths and enjoying the interesting plants and birds, what do I stumble upon but one of the most iconic sights of Sydney!


It was most definitely as impressive as they say it is.


The next morning I caught a bus to Canberra, and dove into Orientation Week festivities, where I met LOADS of great people, both Aussies and other exchange kids like me.  It has only been a week, but I can already tell that this semester is going to be absolutely fabulous!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!