Monday, February 14, 2011

Around the world, around Canberra

This weekend was the Multi-Cultural Festival that the city of Canberra holds every year, and it was preeeetty awesome!  Basically, there are stalls representing countries all over the world set up throughout the civic center of the city with stages set up for concerts and dance performances.  





 

Oh, and did I mention the food?  There were plenty of Aussie meat pies, along with basically everything you could imagine from any given region of the world! 
My neighbor Ella bought some Kava from the Fiji stall-- really trippy stuff.  It looks and tastes like muddy water, but  makes your entire mouth, lips and throat go numb.
 
After picking and choosing among a world of choices, I settled on a tasty Thai plate for dinner.

My roommate, Nikki, myself and Ella decided to go for henna tattoos!  We were skeptical as to whether or not it would work, but I got good results, at least!


Overall, it was a great experience!  The place was really busy-- rumor has it that about 110,000 people attended the festival, total, and I have a neat reminder of it that should stick around for 7-10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!