Monday, May 16, 2011

School's out for summer!... winter.... whatever

I had my last Australian class on Thursday and, by some lovely twist of fate, I have no final exams!  So last week I turned in a final paper and two final projects, then spent this weekend writing one more final paper to wrap it all up, and I just turned it in!  I am FREE!!!!!!!!

...now what?

My flight was booked for a bit after the end of finals, June 8, and my bank account is screaming for me to stop spending money, so it looks like I'll be passing away the time in Canberra.  There are plenty of things here that I never got around to doing, so it's definitely not a bad thing.

It is a bit strange--I remember the beginning of the semester when I filled out my schedule and May seemed so far away, but now I am finished with the University of Canberra.  It seems like such a short stint.  I have just a few more weeks here, and then I will be back in Tennessee for the summer.

May is here, and I feel like I should have spring fever and be itching to be outside, but instead I'm wearing sweaters and cuddling under blankets with hot tea watching movies.  The leaves are falling off the trees and shorts are never a good idea if you're walking out of the apartment... but at the same time, I'm seeing friends' pictures of frolicking in spring grass and camping, and I get confused at to what I'm supposed to be feeling.

I'm choosing to not look at my calendar any more because I don't want to know how few days I have left here, but when the time does come around, the cold is probably what will be getting me on the airplane.  And, of course, getting to see my family again.  I do love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!