Sunday, September 4, 2011

Re-assimilation

School is back in full swing, complete with papers, projects, readings and a brand new job!  That's right, this chica got her very own big girl job!  Well, internship.  But a PAID internship, with a desk and a computer just for me.  I am interning with UT's Media Relations office, specifically working with the Ready for the World initiative on campus, working to make students more culturally aware before they go out to the real world.

I am pretty gosh-darn excited!  It's my first actual job, and it is right up my alley!  I mostly will be writing press releases and organizing events, you know, intern stuff, but I get to write about what I enjoy-- my first interview was with a girl who just got back from spending seven weeks in Uganda with Nourish International, and before I knew it, we had been talking for an entire hour.  I already did a press release for the university's study abroad fair and spotlights on the peer advisors working in the programs abroad office.  Everyone in the office seems really excited to have me on board-- this is going to be a great working experience!

2 comments:

  1. i’ve never heard of something like that before, thank you for sharing this information with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you!!! Sounds like something you have a great interest in and not much beats a team that's excited to have you on board!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!